ptSPEAKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swampland For Sale

4 posters

Go down

Swampland For Sale Empty Swampland For Sale

Post  Pee Kaa Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Has anyone bothered to check out the menu from the new food service vendor????
Boy was the administration sold a bill of goods on this one.....tell them I have some swampland for sale that would work real good for a new high school!!!

On the high school menu there is anywhere from 3 to 5 different types of pizza every day. The main menu is nothing but sandwiches, chicken patties, hamburgers, hot dogs.
Why don't they just bring McDonalds or Burger King in, I'm sure they could do it even cheaper.

I have already had a couple neighbors ask me about it and as of right now all I can do is tell them to show up at the board meeting on Monday and make their concerns known.
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Swampland For Sale Empty Re: Swampland For Sale

Post  hokapsig Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Within reason, the cafeteria should offer items that sell, meet the nutrition guidleines and allow them to make a profit.

We could have liver and onions day, with a brussel sprout chaser, but I'm thinking that would go over like a lead balloon.

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumblebee Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:55 am

Items my child told me were available when the elementary cafeteria had "selling" after the initial lunch line yesterday: chips, cookies, Fruit Gushers, ... Kitkats. WTH?! Shocked

At least there are raw carrot, broccoli, and cauliflower sides, small salad sides, large meal salads with chicken and ham.

My older child grumbled that the middle school no longer serves fries every day or has Pizza Hut pizza. Fine with me.

We'll all adjust, and no one will starve.
Bumblebee
Bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:08 am

hokapsig wrote:Within reason, the cafeteria should offer items that sell, meet the nutrition guidleines and allow them to make a profit.

We could have liver and onions day, with a brussel sprout chaser, but I'm thinking that would go over like a lead balloon.

Not all kids are happy to eat chicken patties and pizza everyday. Aramark claimed they would bring a menu comparable to what Nutrition provided, hardly comparable. From a parents point of view I would much rather see a selection of "Real Food"
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Athena Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:47 pm

We are new to the lunch line--what are the differences between Nutrition and Aramarks selections?

Athena

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:10 am

There were more traditional type meals offered, mac & cheese, meatloaf & mashed potatoes, turkey dinners with stuffings a full blown salad bar. It appears that the new service taken any major food prep time out to keep the cost down. Once again the ones that suffer are our children. Neither one of my two kids have bought a lunch so far because they just don't like the selection (Or lack of selection)
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum