ptSPEAKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's All About The Kids

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's All About The Kids Empty It's All About The Kids

Post  Pee Kaa Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:39 am

It's All About The Kids StrikeScale
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

It's All About The Kids Empty Re: It's All About The Kids

Post  ThunderRider Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:49 am

Right to earn an honest wage outweighs everything for someone who has invested so much time, money, and effort in a career.

Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 am

TEachers have a right to earn whatever the FREE market will bear. It is unfortunate that, via politics, PA does not have a free market for teaching services.

And our children continue to suffer because of that political decision.

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Your children continue to thrive academically from superior teaching talent! Paying teachers on the open market will allow cheapskates to dictate what experts in their field should be making and it won't be a competitive wage if it's up to you.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:48 pm

oh my econmics challenged friend...

My children are NOT thriving as they should be (especially when you have the family reunion of a teaching program due to the nepotism). My kids COULD be thriving if PT hired the best and brightest, but they don't.

And since when is the open market a "chepaskate"? The open market is a true determination of what your services are worth. Unions take the TRUE determination out of the market's hands. Face it Thunder, you and your ilk are a dime-a-dozen. No need to overpay for your services as they are very readily avialable.

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Hok,

You wanted the best, you got the best, KISS!

That' my favorite part of the song. You can hear it every Friday on DVE at 11:50ish!

Now pay the piper. We've earned it!

KISS!

Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:13 am

The "best" have been waiting in line for years to have a chance to teach in this district, there is still a list of a couple hundred more wanting in. If things are so bad why even bother to apply???

This scenario reminds me of all the people who moved to PT from the city for "country living". Now that they are here they want to change things because "It's what we had in the city". They complain about a farmer driving his tractor on the road or the smell of manure on a nearby field....hey that's country living.

You along with all the other teachers knew what the pay was when you signed on, at least I hope you would have read the contract you signed. Now that you are in don't complain about how bad you have it, you accepted the terms now live with your decision.
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:49 am

If they are the best then they would be working. You have the cream of the crop. You have to pay to maintain that status.

The way it works in education is that every couple of years a contract is renegotiated. That's the process taking place right now. It's no different from the other 500 school districts across the state.

If you don't like it then get on your tractor and head South, but keep out of my way.

Businesses are needed in Penn Twp. Johnny's Wife's Place II is packed every night. Other businesses will be too as soon as the local politicians allow it.

T$ Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:28 am

ThunderRider wrote:
If you don't like it then get on your tractor and head South, but keep out of my way.

Businesses are needed in Penn Twp. Johnny's Wife's Place II is packed every night. Other businesses will be too as soon as the local politicians allow it.

T$ Cool

Why should I leave??? I've lived here my whole life and my ancestors helped to found this township. Maybe you should move back to the valley if you're not happy with the enviroment here.

We at least agree on the politicians part, people do need to get involved with the local government. Unfortunately when some of us try we get chastised and ridiculed for making a stand. ref: "Oh joy, maybe you will sign up to speak"

I spent a few dollars at JWP's II, good food, nice place. My only complaint is that they still offer The Jayhawk in a PT restaurant. Very Happy
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:44 am

Thunder,

By what standard are you basing your claim that PT has the Best and Brightest. From what the community sees, all you need to be hired at PT is a relative in the district. No Best or Brightest documentation is required, only your last name and how you are related.

The Best and Brightest COULD be working at PT (for less money also) if we could move from a "family affair" type of hiring practice and actually HIRING the Best and Brightest. THEN you can use this argument. Until that time, my arguement wins.

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Pee,

You can stay. Just understand that the negotiation process is no different here than anywhere else in the state.

Hok,

I heard the interview process for math and physical education teachers has brought in over 20 candidates for interviews. I think your nepotism arguments are a bit inflated, as usual.

T Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 am

ThunderRider wrote:Pee,

You can stay. Just understand that the negotiation process is no different here than anywhere else in the state.

T Cool

WOW !!!!! I feel honored, you have given me permission to stay !!!
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:45 am

Thunder,

Before you break your arm patting yourself on the back, let's check the last names of the applicants, and thier family trees. Me thinks you will find a direct connection to the SD in some fashion (which is what previous experience has told me).

Also, this supports my argument of excessive numbers of teachers for any one position. Teacher prices need to come down. Simple supply and demand.

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 am

Simply put, you two don't like teachers or their profession.

Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:16 am

Never said that. Not even close.

Are you going to deny that the PT teaching staff does not have a lot of legacy/family ties?

When there are too many teachers (supply) for jobs offered (demand), then price comes down. It's called a seller's market.

Didn't you take economics in college? Or did that conflict with Bulletin Boards 101?

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:24 am

If I don't like teachers it's because of their arrogance and sense of entitlement, or maybe it's just the few that I have contact with that make the whole bunch look bad.

Now unions on the other hand.......I do not like.
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:47 pm

At least one of you admits the truth!

Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:34 pm

uh, Thunder, I said the same thing about any state workers...

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:44 am

Hok,

I'm sorry that I'm so misguided. It's an honor to be at your service. I had no idea what I was thinking when I asked for a competitive wage after investing many years in my education.

How's that?

Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:15 am

missed the memo that said you were to be guaranteed a competitive wage after college. Can you forward that to me???

One of the drawbacks of a public service job is dealing with the people that pay your salary. We don't like being held hostage by increasing our taxes so that you can live better (and work less) than we do. Especially when you have a skill that is very common and has MANY graduates each year qualified to do the same as you do.

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:24 am

Speaking of arrogance and a sense of entitlement, please see the post above!

Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:53 pm

I re-read the above post and see nowhere that arrogance or a sense of entitlement is even mentioned.

You, however, do exude the sense of entitlement, just because you have common skill, a skill shared by hundreds, if not thousands of graduates every year. Yet you still demand to be overcompensated without goals or adding value to the kids.

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:09 am

Hok,

It's not a skill, it's a gift, and not everyone can do it and do it well.

Thunder Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:50 pm

If it was a gift, you wouldn't have to spend 4 to 7 years in college to learn how to do it. And, if in fact it IS a gift, there should be no extra money for those that achieve a Master's level or higher in education. You wouldn't NEED that extra education and expense to use the "gift". You are helping to fuel the cost reduction demanded by teachers.

Keep posting. You are prompting more ways to reduce the teaching costs. Very Happy

Last edited by hokapsig on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:42 pm

ThunderRider wrote:At least one of you admits the truth!

Cool

So you are agreeing that teachers are arrogant and full of a sense of entitlement???

My comment did not mean that I dislike teachers, just those certain attributes that they exhibit. Actually I have some good friends that are teachers.....at least they tell me they are my friend! Embarassed
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum