ptSPEAKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statistics

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Statistics Empty Statistics

Post  Pee Kaa Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:40 am

http://teacherportal.com/teacher-salaries-by-state

Lots of good info here.

PA is ranked 11th in the country as far as average teachers salaries @ $54,027 and 13th as far as starting salaries @ $34,976. Seems that PT is right in the ballpark as far as these numbers are concerned.
Another ranking shown is the "Salary Comfort Index" which is a proprietary way to tell how far a teacher's salary will go in each state. We look at cost-of-living, average salaries, starting salaries, and more. PA is ranked # 5 in the country.[
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Statistics Empty Re: Statistics

Post  ThunderRider Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Statistics are subjective.

Even if these statistics are reliable, why is PA ranked number 5 in the country?

I'd be proud to say that we are ranked number 1!

What would be wrong with that?

Thunder Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:41 am

Just trying to point out the fact that teachers here in PT don't have it as bad as they claim they do. Your pay scale, starting wage and average is right in line with the state average. You compare yourself to a few local districts that have the revenue to pay a premium wage. Compare yourself to the state average instead. Take off your blinders and look at the big picture, not just a selective viewing of what you want to see.

P K
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 am

Pee,

I don't see a big difference between PT and Franklin Regional, or Plum for that matter. And PT seems to have money for everything else. Why not invest the most in your greatest resource, teachers!

PT teachers deserve the going rate locally.

Thunder Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:05 pm

Thunder,
Please give me some examples of how you see Franklin and Plum being the same as PT as far as tax base. (which pays the teachers)
I would also like you to give me some examples of what you see as "Everything Else" that we have money for.

Everyone complained about roof leaks.....the roof was replacedd at the high school and now Penn Middle.

"We are light years behind in technology" everyone screamed........so we updated the technology in the past few years.

"Our text books are outdated"........they have been replaced.

Parking lots were deterioating....they were repaved.

Yes, lots of money has been spent but it was all necessary and correcting problems that many complained about.

So now give me your examples.

P K
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:04 pm

P K,

They have 6 figure housing and so do we.

T$ Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:21 pm

How about compare their business tax base compared to ours ?????
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Rte. 286 was is looking pretty desolate, other than that Steeler/Penguins souvenier tent in front of a fast food place. And 22 hasn't recovered from all of the construction yet.

Cool

P.S. Anyone seen Chief Charlie lately?

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Chief Charlie Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:48 am

I'm here Thunder, I check in daily to see if there is any activity.
We started off pretty good but ground to a halt real fast.
I need to find a way to get the word out.
Either that or everything is good in the land of PT.

The Chief
Chief Charlie
Chief Charlie
Admin

https://ptspeaks.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:41 pm

ThunderRider wrote:P K,

T$ Cool

I believe that borough of Trafford would ALL sell at once if you would offer 6 figures for thier houses. Penn boro would too. Once again Thunder, you dwell on a very narrow cross section.

130 does not even compare to 286 or 22 (even on 130's best and 286/22's WORST days). PK is correct. The greedy, out-of-touch teachers and their union complained about the roof, technology (for the sake of technology) and text books - all of which were addressed by the SD. Now, teachers want to be overpaid for thier 6.75 hours of face time. All of PT's teachers could be replaced in 7 days with comperable (better?) teachers than we have now and not skip a beat. The quicker the union understands this, the quicker the contract will get done. The SD needs to offer at least a 20% salary reduction for starters. If the teachers don't like it, go for the big money jobs at FR, Plum, Norwin. If you are the best candidate, you should be hired. If not, PT (at a 20% pay reduction) is a viable alternative.

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  Chief Charlie Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:28 pm

hokapsig,
I would like to ask you to refrain from using the term "Greedy" in reference to the teachers. While I understand that this is your opinion of all teachers it does border on being slanderous which is one of the (few) stipulations I put on registered users of this forum.
Thank you for your co-operation
The Chief
Chief Charlie
Chief Charlie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:00 pm

I will respect your wish. However, if the teachers go out on strike in order to be further overpaid, I will have no alternative than to express my thoughts via my constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech.

The union trying to extend it's arm to quash freedom of expression, huh?

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Chief,

Thanks. I was wondering when you were going to try to reinforce the rules. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Hok,

I think the rock band, 'KISS," used to say, "You wanted the best, you got the best, KISS!"

Well, if you want the best and you want to keep the best, then you have to pay the best. If not, then Kiss off!

Thunder, before the Storm Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Thunder,

I could get the best and pay half as much as the rank and file is getting right now. It's called economics. FYI there is a glut of teachers in PA and an offer of half of what the PT teachers are getting would STILL result in hundreds of resumes for an open teaching position. When no one applies, that's when the salary needs to be increased. Until then....

PS. send me a memo when the "best" arrive. I want to be there to take a picture so I don't forget. However, the picture will have the distinct feel of a family reunion for some strange reason...

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  Chief Charlie Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:47 pm

hokapsig,
The only rights you have on this forum are the ones that I grant you. There are many newspapers that will let you exercise your constitutional rights along with public meetings, feel free to make a choice.
I have no affiliation with any union or teacher's group so there is no pressure from them to silence you. I just ask that you be respectful.
The Chief
Chief Charlie
Chief Charlie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chief Charlie Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Thunder,
Rules are rules, I play no favorites.
The Chief
Chief Charlie
Chief Charlie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:11 am

hokapsig wrote:
ThunderRider wrote:P K,

T$ Cool

I believe that borough of Trafford would ALL sell at once if you would offer 6 figures for thier houses. Penn boro would too. Once again Thunder, you dwell on a very narrow cross section.

130 does not even compare to 286 or 22 (even on 130's best and 286/22's WORST days). PK is correct. The greedy, out-of-touch teachers and their union complained about the roof, technology (for the sake of technology) and text books - all of which were addressed by the SD. Now, teachers want to be overpaid for thier 6.75 hours of face time. All of PT's teachers could be replaced in 7 days with comperable (better?) teachers than we have now and not skip a beat. The quicker the union understands this, the quicker the contract will get done. The SD needs to offer at least a 20% salary reduction for starters. If the teachers don't like it, go for the big money jobs at FR, Plum, Norwin. If you are the best candidate, you should be hired. If not, PT (at a 20% pay reduction) is a viable alternative.

Thunder,
See the atached quote from hok, there is probably more business tax revenue on 22 between Rick's Sports Bar and Sheetz than there is in all of PT.
Six figure housing is also a bad comparison when you are comparing Harrison Park to Blackthorn Estates.
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:25 am

Thunder,
Now that we have that issue cleared up, let's get back to your comment of we have money for everything else. Please enlighten me as to what "everything else" includes.

P K
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:39 am

Let compare Blackthorn to the Willows. And the reason the aren't more businesses in PT is local politics.

And field turf is coming your way soon. That's a part of everything else.

Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:26 pm

And the teachers demanding to be further overpaid is NOT local politics????

Let's compare Blackthorn to Penn boro. or Trafford...

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:41 pm

hokapsig wrote:And the teachers demanding to be further overpaid is NOT local politics????

Let's compare Blackthorn to Penn boro. or Trafford...

Let's not forget Claridge, McCullough and Shanty Town even the Heart of the community, Harison City.
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Pee Kaa Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:42 pm

ThunderRider wrote:Let compare Blackthorn to the Willows. And the reason the aren't more businesses in PT is local politics.

And field turf is coming your way soon. That's a part of everything else.

Cool

I see the name has changed but you still have that way of avoiding answerin a question.

The turf is a part of routine maintenance, if it needs replaced then it needs replaced. Last year when the issue was brought up it didn't need replaced.

Unfortunately artificial turf is a requirement in being an AAAA school. To some sports are more important than education, not me if I had it my way all sports would be self funding weather it be sponsorships, sign up fees or booster support. Maybe now that they are allowing advertising at the football field we may be on the road there.

Now......PLEASE tell me where we are spending money "Everywhere" that is unnecessary and I will personally take it to the board.
Pee Kaa
Pee Kaa

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:24 pm

90K is a lot to pay a human resource officer.

T Cool

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  hokapsig Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Thunder,

we finally agree on something. 90K IS a lot to pay an HR person in the district. There is no need to overpay for an admin position, just as there is no need to overpay for teaching services.

hokapsig

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderRider Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:04 am

Please make that known at the next board meeting!

Cool

P.S. Where's Hossie?

ThunderRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum